This weeks wellness Wednesday… Mind, Body Wellness! The school year may be off to a bumpy start for some. Just remember to BREATHE! YOUR mental health and your CHILD’S mental health are more important than that zoom call! Sometimes the best way to relieve stress is to just get up and MOVE!
We spoke with Shawna, local mom, trainer, and owner of Fit4Mom Northwest Valley She shared some activities to help support you and your child’s physical and mental health at home.
1. “Dance Party”- Throw on some of your favorite music and dance all of those wiggles out.
2. “Move like an Animal Game”-Pick an animal and move around the room like they would! Hop like a bunny, gallop like a horse, walk like a bear.
3. “The Floor is Lava”- Set up an obstacle course using pillows and other household items. One catch, don’t touch the floor!! It’s Lava!!
4. “Don’t let the Balloon Hit the Floor”- Blow up a balloon and hit it back and forth to each other, count how many touches you can get before it hits the floor. Bonus points if you don’t use your hands!
5. Join in on a FIT4MOM Virtual workout class, working out can be so much fun when doing it together as a family!